Target group: The most marginalized and excluded youth between the ages of 20-35) located in the Kisumu East Sub County (urban informal settlements of Manyatta, Nyalenda) and Homabay beach settlements (Chuowe beach in Wang’chieng’ ward in Karachuonyo East Sub County, and Obaria beach in Simbi-Kogembo Ward in Karachuonyo West Sub County
The project will target output 2 and 3 of the DaCCA Programme on Resilient and sustainable community models are mapped, up scaled and disseminated and CSO and local government offices are empowered to work together with climate change adaptation, human rights and security issues respectively.
Project overall objective:
To strengthen the link between WASH, Fresh water conservation and Climate Resilience addressing real sustainability challenges in Kisumu and Homabay
- By December 2018, cooperation with youth and youth groups in initiatives on water, clean energy, sanitation, hygiene and afforestation has been strengthened, and the Kisumu and Homabay youth groups have improved capacity and opportunities to be influential agents of change in their communities.
- By December 2018, Communities and local governments have collaborated in improving the state of Auji stream; Kisumu County, Chuowe and Obaria beaches in Homabay County.
- Residents, residing along the streams and on the beacheWomen
- Those with special needs
- Local CBOs
- Local county governments
- Entrepreneurs along the beaches
- Local schools and academic institutions
Project duration: 30 months