DEVELOPMENT PARTNER: USAID/PREPARED
Funded by the United States Agency for Development- USAID under its Planning for Resilience in East Africa through Policy, Adaptation, Research and Economic Development- PREPARED Program.
The project was implemented over a period of 7 months, starting August 2015 to February 2016 in the Lake Victoria Basin across the 5 East Africa States i.e. Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda and Tanzania with an extension to July 2016. This project entailed in-depth technical studies across 5 sectors i.e.
Agriculture and Food security; Water Resources; Energy and Infrastructure; Health and Human Wellbeing and Terrestrial ecosystems in selected hot spots in East Africa. It explored the perceptions of climate risks and adaptation strategies in the identified Hot spots.
To Establish and Enhance Climate Change Risks and adaptive capacities of community groups in Selected Hot spots in East Africa
Objective 1: To identify key Community Climate Change Risks and Adaptation Strategies within selected hot spots in East Africa
Objective 2: To Show Case Communities’ climate Change Adaptation best practice projects in East Africa
The outputs for the project will be:
- Communities Climate Change Adaptation survey carried out in selected hot spots in East Africa.
- Information on Communities Climate Change Adaptation strategies generated for Awareness among communities in East Africa
- Communities Climate Change Adaptation Best Practices in East Africa identified and Show cased for emulation
- Informed communities on new strategies on climate change.
- Strengthened community resilience to climate change impacts